TRANSLATION PROJECT MANAGER (REMOTE, PART-TIME)
The Project Manager (PM) reports to the Program Manager.
A language services company headquartered in Fairfax, VA, is seeking a highly motivated,
detail-oriented, organized and efficient individual with an interest in languages, especially language translation, to join our team as a part-time Translation PM.
The primary role of the PM is to manage on-demand translation projects, which includes receiving documents from the client(s); coordinating translation/editing schedules with linguists; assigning work to be performed by Translators and Editors within appropriate timeframes; and reviewing and finalizing work products prior to delivery to the client.
While experience in the field is appreciated, if you have an interest in the work and the ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines, we can teach you the rest.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages 60-90 translation projects per month
- Handles multiple priorities simultaneously, works well in stressful situations, and accepts responsibility
- Organizes workload efficiently
- Communicates clearly with clients, linguists, senior corporate management and colleagues
- Performs with a high degree of customer service and professionalism with an ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues, clients, and linguists
- Must be a US citizen
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must have native-level spoken and written English proficiency
- Excellent written communication and editing skills – keen eye for detail a must
- Experience working in an office setting and team environment preferred
- Knowledge of at least one foreign language preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Professional software, especially Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Positive attitude with the ability to work independently and take ownership of work assigned
- Must be able to successfully pass an online formatting test in MS Word as part of the
Pay Rate: hourly rate of $25-$27/hr. depending on experience. This position is entirely remote. A PC and printer will be issued by the company. Unless otherwise specified, the part-time Project Manager will work 30 hours a week within the core hours of 10 AM-4 PM EST. There are nine paid holidays. Great company and team.