PT ENVIRONMENTAL LINGUISTS IN SEVERAL LANGUAGES
Reports To: Program Manager
This is a remote position.
Global Language Strategies, headquartered in Northern VA, is seeking experienced translators who have knowledge or backgrounds in environmental science. Specifically, GLS is seeking qualified translators and editors in the following language pairs:
English<>Arabic, English<>Swahili, English<>Russian,
Ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications, at a minimum:
- Native speaker of the foreign language being used in the translation
Advanced speakers/readers/writers of English and the native foreign language being translated to/from English
- Available to work on ad-hoc translation projects, including the willingness to work some evenings and weekends to meet tight deadlines
- Hold Bachelor’s degree in related field; advanced degrees preferred
At least three years of experience providing professional quality translations
- Must be highly proficient in the use of computers and have excellent desktop publishing skills, including the ability to format challenging documents; must be able to use Adobe
- Knowledge of environmental science/green energy a plus
Must be able to understand and correctly translate environmental terminology
- ATA certification or membership a plus
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please send us the latest version of your CV along with your per-word rates for translation and editing. Thank you for your interest!
great team and colleagues
Pay: Pay is based on experience and will be discussed during the screening process.