INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS EDITOR IN MULTIPLE LANGUAGES (WASHINGTON DC REGION, FULL-TIME)
Materials Editor will report to the on-site Program Manager.
A language services company headquartered in Fairfax, VA, is seeking a Materials Editor to
review, edit and format instructional materials/curricula in multiple languages. The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor’s degree, at a minimum, and possesses at least 3 years of experience as an Editor. Must be a US Citizen or hold a valid green card with at least one year of legal work authorization remaining. Candidates must be located within a 50 mile radius of Washington DC or be willing to relocate as this is primarily an on-site position between the core hours of 9 AM – 4 PM Monday-Friday each week.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Materials Editor will have perform the following tasks, at a minimum:
- Collaborate with the client to perform assigned tasks or execute independently, the editing of English or the foreign language in training materials including but not limited to language usage, readability, structure, organization, word choice, consistency, style, punctuation, and formatting.
- Adhere to all copyright guidelines and restrictions, follow the agency’s procedures regarding copyright, and track compliance for assigned development project(s).
- Collaborate with the client and content creators to establish processes and deadlines for the editing workflow.
- Provide regular status updates on progress to the client and briefings on request for the content creators and others regarding progress, standards, or issues for discussion.
- BA/BS, MA/MS, or Ph.D., or foreign equivalent degree in technical communication,
writing/composition, or related field for the language to be edited.
- A minimum of 3 years editing experience.
- Foreign Language Proficiency: must be educated native or near-native speakers of the
foreign language being edited (preferably Level 4/4 or higher in speaking and reading on the ILR proficiency scale).
- English Proficiency: English proficiency of Level 3/3 or higher (ILR scale) in speaking and reading.
- Strong command of English grammar and punctuation rules
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications, especially MS Word and PowerPoint; must be proficient in Adobe; ability to use graphics programs like InDesign and Photoshop a plus.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in desktop publishing graphic design highly desired.
- Experience with InDesign software a plus.
- Project management experience valued.
Materials Editor must be available to work on-site in Arlington, VA, during the core hours of 0900 and 1530 ET, regardless of schedule variations.
Location: Arlington, VA
Pay: This position is a full-time opportunity with an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Pay is based on experience and will be discussed during the screening process.