EDUCATION EVALUATION SPECIALIST (WASHINGTON DC REGION, FULL-TIME)
Education Evaluation Specialists will report to the on-site Program Manager.
A language services company headquartered in Fairfax, VA, is seeking an Evaluation Specialist to conduct instructional research and manage/analyze educational data, as required. The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor’s degree, at a minimum, and possesses at least 3 years of experience researching and analyzing instructional programs. Must be a US Citizen or hold a valid green card with at least one year of legal work authorization remaining. Candidates must be located within a 50 mile radius of Washington DC or be willing to relocate as this is primarily an on-site position between the core hours of 9 AM – 4 PM Monday-Friday each week.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Education Evaluation Specialist will perform the following duties, at a minimum:
- Collaborate with the client to plan and conduct evaluation tasks or projects either in a group or executed independently. Tasks and projects include but are not limited to instructional research and institutional (management) data handling and analysis.
- Collaborate with the client on the development, editing, and review of language training evaluation reports, proposal drafts, educational evaluation policies and procedures, and reference materials as directed.
- Adhere to all copyright guidelines and restrictions and follow US government and agency procedures regarding copyright.
- Collaborate with the client to provide advisory services to language school staff in
determining research objectives, creating evaluation plans, designing and delivering
evaluative instruments, and analyzing, interpreting, and determining implications of
- Assist in the design and/or maintenance of a database for tracking evaluation project timelines and completion.
- Collaborate with the client to research evaluation models and systems for potential
implementation in the language school and assist with drafting proposals as needed.
- Develop and deliver in-service staff development workshops designed to build skills in effective training evaluation and data analysis.
- With minimal direction from the client, develop and deliver oral briefings on the school’s evaluation projects and results.
- On request, review existing research, analysis, and reported results to assess validity of reported outcomes.
- MA/MS or Ph.D., or foreign equivalent degree in a relevant field.
- From 3-5 years of experience in evaluation design and delivery in an educational context and/or a minimum of 3 years of experience using qualitative and quantitative methods in social science research.
- Native or near-native proficiency in English.
- Ability to speak and write clearly on topics related to evaluation.
- Work in a harmonious and professional manner with colleagues who represent cultures from around the world.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, MS PowerPoint and research databases a plus.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience managing the design and implementation of comprehensive organizational systems preferred.
- Experience teaching or researching adult learners of foreign languages preferred.
- Experience designing and delivering evaluation-related training to educators preferred.
Educational Evaluation Specialist must be available to work on-site in Arlington, VA, during the core hours of 0900 and 1530 ET, regardless of schedule variations.
Location: Arlington, VA with some limited travel
Pay: This position is a full-time opportunity with an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Pay is based on experience and will be discussed during the screening process.