CURRICULUM DEVELOPER (WASHINGTON DC REGION) (FULL-TIME)
Curriculum Developers report to the on-site Program Manager.
A language services company headquartered in Fairfax, VA, is seeking Curriculum Developers to prepare language and cultural instruction for instructors who teach US government personnel, including diplomats. The ideal candidate holds a Bachelor’s degree, at a minimum, and possesses 2-5 years of experience teaching foreign languages and developing curricula/lesson plans for adult students.
Must be a US Citizen or hold a valid green card with at least one year of legal work authorization remaining. Candidates must be located within a 50 mile radius of Washington DC or be willing to relocate as this is primarily an on-site position between the core hours of 9 AM – 4 PM Monday-Friday.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Curriculum Developers will be responsible for the following primary tasks:
- Collaborate with the client to perform assigned tasks or independently develop language training or reference materials, including but not limited to text, audio, video, and technology-based media.
- Adhere to all copyright guidelines and restrictions, follow US government procedures regarding copyright, and track compliance for assigned development project(s).
- Collaborate with the client and others to review and edit foreign language and/or English in instructional materials.
- Collaborate with the client to perform assigned tasks or individually develop projects, including but not limited to instructional research and development.
- Collaborate with the client in the development and implementation of new specialized language training programs for domestic and overseas use.
- Collaborate with the client to incorporate innovative materials and practices to address various learning styles and needs, build skills in learning strategies, and promote continual learning after language training.
- Assist the client and others with the development and delivery of relevant in-service staff development, orientation activities, and training projects designed to build skills in effective materials development and classroom implementation.
- Collaborate with the client and the Division of Curriculum, Student and Staff Development to assist with drafting all required documents in the curriculum development project approval process as well as provide status updates on approved projects on request.
- With minimal direction from the client, lead groups in the development of language training materials or relevant reference materials and/or in the development of SLS-relevant instructional research and development.
- With minimal direction from the client, manage the development and implementation of new specialized language training programs for domestic and overseas use.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent degree in a relevant language education field minimum and advanced degrees preferred.
- Certificates in instructional design/development highly desired
- Experience incorporating a variety of educational technology in instructional materials preferred.
- A minimum of 2-5 of experience developing courses for adult learners of foreign languages taught to US government employees.
- Demonstrated expertise through experience or publications in instructional design and/or curriculum development methodologies in language education.
- Minimum 5 years of experience teaching adult learners of foreign languages.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience designing materials for proficiency-based instruction preferred.
- Experience designing task-based language learning materials valued.
- Experience designing vocabulary-based language learning materials valued.
- Experience designing courses utilizing blended learning models valued.
- Experience integrating social media applications for educational purposes valued.
- Experience designing and delivering training targeted to needs of diplomatic community preferred.
Curriculum Developers must be available to work on-site in the DC metropolitan region during the core hours of 0900 and 1530 ET, regardless of schedule variations. Assignments and schedules will be provided, in writing, by the client in accordance with the programmatic needs.
Location: Arlington, VA
Pay: This position is a full-time opportunity with a competitive compensation and benefits package. Pay is based on experience and will be discussed during the screening process.